- Do you have a YETI rambler? Or maybe a YETI cup or mug? If you are a happy owner of one and you’re still wondering whether you can place YETI in the dishwasher, we’re here with some good news.
- YETI cups are dishwasher safe—there is no problem with washing them in the dishwasher in your house.
- In this guide, we’ll share some valuable tips on dealing with YETI cups and tumblers. So keep reading to gain YETI maintenance expert knowledge!
What are YETIs?
YETI brand produces mugs, cups, ramblers, ice chests, vacuum-insulated stainless-steel drinkware, soft coolers, and similar accessories.
If you like to keep your beverages cool, you probably know that brand from Austin, Texas.
YETI drinkware meets dishwasher
Are YETIs dishwasher safe?
It’s actually a feature that distinguishes YETI cups, YETI rumblers, and YETI tumblers from other brands! These accessories are dishwasher safe, and no other brands are.
It means that you can safely entrust your YETI drinkware to your household dishwasher.
When it comes to house appliances that aren’t so friendly with YETI, avoid freezers.
To put it straight, there is no point in putting YETI in the freezer.
Unfortunately, liquids expand as they freeze and can pressure and break the vacuum seal ruining your cup or bottle.
With hot water, the situation is different.
When putting boiling water in a YETI tumbler cup or bottle, you can rest easy.
YETI drinkware is built to handle extreme heat.
If you treat your tumbler with hot water, it won’t get damaged. YETIs have a warranty; these accessories are extraordinarily durable and insulate well. (visit the YETI’s website to learn more).
Boiling water put into YETI will stay hot for over six hours, which means: hot tea or other beverages all day long.
Now, let’s get down to business.
In the paragraph below, we’ll have a look at a handy step-by-step guide to washing YETIs tumblers and bottles in the dishwasher.
Dishwasher washing instructions
How to wash YETI tumblers and cups in your dishwasher safely?
Here are some handy instructions:
1. Remove the lids from your YETI cup and break it down into parts. If you don’t know how to do it and need help, feel free to check the care instructions for your model.
Tip: Remember to remove the gasket, too—a lot of grime can build up here. Take the lids apart gently and if you need help with it, check instructions to learn how to handle specific parts.
2. Put the gasket into your dishwasher’s utensil basket. If your Yeti has a stronghold lid, then put the MagSlider, magnets, the straw from a straw cup, and rubber sleeve in the basket with your gaskets too.
3. Take the rest of the lid and place it on the top rack of your dishwasher.
4. Place the cup, bottle, tumbler, jug, or others anywhere you like in your dishwasher. Yeti cups are made from rugged 18 8 stainless steel—this makes them completely fine going through a dishwasher cycle on any rack.
Important: You may have come across gossips that the double-wall vacuum insulation could be problematic and even potentially damaged in the dishwasher. Luckily, YETI conducted some testing and came up with satisfying results—it’s safe to use a dishwasher to clean your YETI.
5. Now, you can press the ON button on your dishwasher and let the dishwasher do its thing. Once it is finished, take out YETIs and dry them thoroughly. Put everything back together, and here you are! Your Yeti looks brand-new.
Hand wash instructions
How about washing YETI ramblers with hands?
Some larger models may not fit well in the dishwasher. Also, you may not have a dishwasher at home or simply prefer hand wash.
Whether you prefer a quick hand session or a longer dishwasher adventure, we’ve got you covered.
Read how to hand wash your YETI cup or YETI rambler.
1. Take removable YETI parts and soak them in soapy water for two hours. You can use any mild dish soap, so don’t bother searching for any particular products.
Tip: When it comes to the straw caps: let the straw and lid soak as usual. If you notice grime around the pressure valve, don’t remove the gasket from around it (just leave it there). Instead, let the water run over the lids and lift the gasket with your finger, allowing the running water to wash away the grime.
2. Clean the inside of your YETI as you would with any standard coffee cup with dish soap.
Important: YETI brand has some deep cleaning tablets to use if you come across too stubborn stains. Fill up your cup with warm water, throw one tablet in and wait for 5 minutes. Then pour the water out and wash your YETI by hand. Try with two tablets if you have a larger YETI to handle (bigger than 30 ounces).
3. Once you have washed all parts of your YETI rambler, dry them thoroughly before putting everything back together again.
4. If your metal YETI starts to rust (unlikely, but just to be prepared for any possibility)–get any stainless steel cleaner. It will polish it and make it look new again quickly.