- Stains on the computer screen are a very annoying but inevitable phenomenon.
- There are 3 super easy waQys to clean the LCD screen using the minimum amount of tools and only little effort.
- It’s important to clean the device screen regularly in order to remove the stains easily without taking any extra measures.
When you scrolling the laptop and feeling confused if the little dark dots in the middle of the text are the punctuation marks or little dark stains – it’s a pretty obvious sign that it’s time to clean your device screen!
Of course, first of all, you might use your fingertips as a cleaner. However, later on, it’ll definitely require a bit more effort than that. No worries – there’re just a few uncomplicated steps that will make a trick!
What you’ll need:
- Dry cloth (cotton/microfiber)
- ½ cup of distilled water
- ½ cup of white vinegar
Warning: Before you dive into cleaning – make sure you turn the device off. Never wipe any screen surface while it’s turned on.
STEP #1. Dry cleaning.
Take a soft microfiber cloth and clean the screen from side to side or top to the bottom. Easy as it may sound, there are few really important things to keep in mind:
- Don’t use a paper towel! It may leave the pieces of paper on the screen. Also, paper products often contain wood fibers that can damage the surface.
- Microfiber cloth has to be clean and dry. A dirty and damp cloth will not collect the dust from the screen and will leave the watermarks. Also, the screen cleaned with damp cloth will most likely attract even more dust.
- Cotton fabric is also a good choice to clean the computer screen. So, don’t throw away those old-fashioned t-shirts – bring them to a new life!
STEP #2. Wet cleaning.
You may not even have to get to this step if your computer screen was not that dirty and dry cloth managed to clean it just fine. However, if not – take some extra measures:
- Mix a cleaning solution from ½ cup of distilled (filtered) water and the same amount of white vinegar. Important: don’t use tap water as it may leave some annoying marks.
- Find an empty spray bottle and fill it with the liquid you made.
- Spray the solution onto the same dry microfiber (cotton) cloth you used in a previous step. Important: never spray the solution directly on the screen!
- Gently clean the monitor and let it dry itself. The cloth should be dampened, not soaked. Don’t freak out if too much solution was applied onto the screen – just wipe it off with a soft cotton cloth.
TIP: Dry coffee filters can also properly remove the dust from the screen without leaving scratches.
STEP #3. Use a proffesional cleaning supplies.
So, nothing helped, huh? Do those little dark dots still annoy you? Well, that happens when you forget to clean the computer screen for more than a year…But don’t worry! There’s a way out of it:
- Go to any local store that sells cleaning supplies.
- Look for a cleaning spray (or wet tissues) specially designed for LCD computer screens.
Important: acetone, ethyl alcohol, ammonia chemicals found in other cleaning substances – not suitable for LCD screen surfaces!
- Repeat the procedure: spray some solution on the soft microfiber cloth and wipe the screen from top to the bottom.
Important: take it easy cleaning the LCD surface – too much pressing can damage the screen beyond retrieve.
Here you are – fully prepared to scroll the computer without any interruptions! Turn this cleaning procedure into your monthly tradition and it will most likely be enough to stick to the STEP #1 method. Remember, to clean the screen it is as easy as to damage it!