- The height of your bed is an important factor that highly contributes to the overall comfort of your bed;
- By simply raising your bed higher you can make it considerably comfortable to get up from your bed and sit down on it;
- If you want to raise your bed higher, in the article below we have some really simple ideas for it!
The height of the bed might not seem that important when you are picking one. We usually pay more attention to the bed frames, bed storage, etc. However, the bed height does matter a lot!
If your bed is not an appropriate height it might cause you various types of discomfort – it’s harder to get up off the bed that is too low. Also, if your bed is really low – it might be uncomfortable to sit on it. Not to mention the fact that if you are a senior or have any health issues (back pain, for example) – it might be even more inconvenient for you to lay down and get up off the bed that is too low.
Luckily, there are many pretty easy alternatives on how to elevate your bed without spending too much money or investing lots of time. You can go for more effort requiring alternatives, like bed risers, or for more creative solutions, like box spring, memory foam, wooden pallets, or even bookshelves. In the article below, we will elaborate more on each of the options!
Why Should You Raise Your Bed?
As we already mentioned before, beds that are too low may cause several health-related issues, therefore by raising your bed at least for a few inches, might highly contribute to your overall sleeping experience:
- Sleeping in an appropriately elevated bed may reduce back pain.
- Bed raised at an appropriate level might ensure better blood circulation processes in your body.
- By raising your bed you can reduce such health symptoms as acid reflux, or respiratory-related disorders.
- An elevated bed provides extra storage underneath making extra storage space for your stuff and helping you to keep the room more organized and clutter-free. This is especially useful if your room is small.
- It is much more convenient to sit down on a bed that is adjusted to your height than on the one that is too low, such as a platform bed.
Below, there is a list of the most popular bed raising ideas you could choose from.
Bed risers are one of the most popular alternatives to lift the bed higher. They can be found in the local store and they require a little construction to be installed.
- Bed risers are reliable because they are secured safely and sturdy. The support is distributed all over the bed – the bed risers supports the box spring, the bed frame with the foam mattress, and everyone that’s sleeping in the bed.
- By elevating your bed with the bed risers you will have extra storage underneath your bed.
- The extra height the bed riser could provide ranges from 1 to 12 inches.
- There is a wide variety of bed risers to choose from – from the cheaper to more expensive, from lower quality – to higher, and so on. Depending on your preferences and the weight capacity you need, you can choose from wooden, steel, or plastic bed risers. Also, there are different sizes and shapes.
Bookshelves or Dressers
Now, if you are not interested in more conventional ways of elevating your bed (such as with bed risers), there are many untraditional, creative ways to do so. One of them is, of course, a bookshelf or a dresser (anything that’s hard and sturdy enough to support the intended weight)!
- Find yourself a couple of sturdy and long enough bookshelves (or dressers) and place them under your bed.
- Bookshelves will not only provide you with a lot of extra storage space but will also look super artsy!
- Lofting kit is another great bed elevating alternative because it usually comes with all the necessary elements: legs, ladder, safety rail, and even memory foam!
- A Lofting kit is the best alternative for those who want to elevate their bed significantly – it’s like having a bunk bed without a first floor.
- By elevating your bed with the lofting kit, you would get an extra space underneath that will be enough to even place a desk or some kind of seating furniture. Therefore, it is a perfect idea for tiny rooms and apartments.
- Cinder blocks are not only a building element in your garden, they can be perfectly implemented in an interior as well.
- Cinder blocks are very sturdy and provide great support.
- To distribute the support evenly, it is recommended to get at least 10 cinder blocks.
- You can top one cinder block on another in 5 different spots under your bed. The more of them you will add on one another – the taller the bed will become (and the more storage under your bed there will be).
- To hide the cinder blocks, you can always cover them with a nice bed skirt.
- Elevating the bed with the help of wooden pallets has been a viral tendency over the past years. It is especially popular in the farmhouse, boho, cottage-style, or Scandinavian- style interiors.
- Wooden pallets are a cheap and sustainable alternative to elevate your bed. It looks natural and gives a room some special character.
- Wooden pallets, compared to bed risers, are much easier to install under your bed – they are sturdy, safe, and require very low maintenance.
- Besides, you can paint wooden pallets in your preferred color.
- Now, this is the artsiest, outside-the-box bed raising alternative compared to the ones we mentioned previously.
- Elevating your bed by hanging it on chains rather than placing stuff underneath it is a great way if you don’t want to occupy any floor space under your bed and would rather keep it clear.
- Also, elevating the bed with chains is not only unique but also a safe method.
Here you go! As you can see there are many great options on how to raise your bed easily. Some of them require more construction, others – not at all. The same is with the price – for some alternatives, you would have to spend more dollars, while others are very cheap. In any way, you can definitely save your money and not purchase a whole new bed. It’s always a better idea to try to fix the item you already have instead of replacing it with a new one! Just be creative!
Leave a Comment