- There’s nothing as sought-after in the well-being department as a beautiful smile. Whatever way we get to have one, a white, healthy, wide smirk made of well-positioned teeth and jaws has the power to brighten everyone’s day in an instant.
- How do we get there? Orthodontics is the field of dentistry that addresses the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of malpositioned teeth and jaws. Luckily, it has many solutions to help us out, one of them being braces. In this article, we’re discussing a stage after traditional metal braces—Invisalign clear aligners.
- Invisalign Cleaning Crystals have a well-defined role in our lives—they clean and disinfect clear aligners and retainers. This product by the Invisalign brand is specially formulated to kill bacteria growing on the aligners and remove any plaque. Keep reading to learn how to use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals.
Cleaning Crystals—this sounds inspiring!
In the following paragraphs, we will explain what Cleaning Crystals are and how to benefit them if you use Invisalign aligners.
Are you ready for a bit of teeth-related knowledge?
Here we go!
What are aligners for?
Having a beautiful smile is a dream of many.
We often come across advertisements that try to convince us that straight, white, shiny teeth are within reach of our hands.
But you know what?
The best things in life require some work; having well-positioned teeth and jaws isn’t the easiest thing to accomplish.
This is when orthodontics enters the game!
Invisalign clear aligners are a new type of innovative braces, different from traditional metal braces.
We described both:
- Invisalign aligners, and
- Invisalign cleaning
in the House Rituals blog “How To Clean Invisalign Retainers?“
Check it out to learn valuable basics in this part of the mouth department.
Keep your aligners clean
Keeping your trays clean is crucial, but dealing with them is quite complex and requires an everyday effort.
Yet, as soon as you learn a few simple rules, it becomes a piece of cake, so let’s get down to business.
You’re going to spend 20 hours a day with Invisalign aligners, so keeping them as clean as a pin is more than necessary.
Tip: It’s essential to keep your Invisalign trays clean, so don’t skip this part. Mind that without the proper hygiene, your aligners can damage your smile instead of pumping it up nicely!
Follow Invisalign cleaning care instructions and keep your smile under control.
Here are several golden rules to always keep in mind:
1. Warm water is better than hot water when it comes to cleaning your aligners. Hot water will likely warp the plastic and damage the material.
2. Try to rinse and brush aligners whenever you put them back in your mouth.
3. Brush your teeth regularly twice a day and floss every night. The goal is to keep food debris away both from your mouth and the Invisalign aligner.
4. For everyday maintenance, rinse the aligners with warm water; twice a day is even better. Use a soft toothbrush to brush your Invisalign trays.
5. Make sure you get rid of all the food particles that have remained on the aligner surface.
6. You can use soap or toothpaste—remember to rinse the aligners thoroughly after you’re done.
7. Besides warm water, you can also soak your retainers in distilled water or a mixture of distilled water and baking soda.
Important: Wash also the glass or cleaning container after you’ve cleaned your aligners.
Using Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
Now, what are they and how to use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
Cleaning Crystals is a dedicated Invisalign retainer cleaning solution.
If you find Cleaning Crystals Invisalign pricey, get familiar with:
1. Denture cleaner
2. Hydrogen peroxide, or
3. White distilled vinegar
Soak your aligners in the solution of water plus denture cleaner, hydrogen peroxide, or white distilled vinegar for over 15 minutes.
Then, use a soft brush to remove any excess residue and rinse your trays well.
Important: We should use Hydrogen peroxide only at low concentrations.
Now, back to Crystals Invisalign cleaning.
How to do it exactly?
It couldn’t be simpler:
Dissolve one packet of Invisalign Cleaning Crystals in the warm water.
Quickly and gently stir the mixture to help Crystals dissolve properly.
Soak your aligners and leave them in the solution for 15 minutes or more.
Use the Crystals Invisalign cleaning system solution once or twice a day.
Crystals ’ smell may be similar to chlorine; make sure you rinse them well before wearing them back.