- Keeping your Tempurpedic pillow clean improves your sleep quality. Keep it fresh and free from unwanted smell washing it every 2-3 months.
- Unlike other pillows, Tempurpedic pillow memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites and bacteria. Yet, your Tempurpedic pillow and its cover can still trap dead skin cells, smell, and sweat.
- Never wash a Tempurpedic pillow in a washing machine (covers are ok with it). There are other ways to clean it, clear away any stain, get rid of spills and odors from foams and covers (for example, sprinkle baking soda, spray vinegar on the surface, vacuum, or clean your memory foam pillow with a towel and moisture); We’re tackling them below.
Asked about our favorite sport, many of us wink and answer “sleeping.” While we should take the familiar joke with a grain of salt, we can all relate. Sleep is an essential part of our existence. We spend one-third of our lives doing it!
Important: On average, only after three or four nights without sleep, people start to hallucinate.
The importance of the right pillow
Revelations concerning health and nutrition come up every season. Yet, pillows role hasn’t been fluctuating much throughout the years.
Pillows keep the head aligned with the neck and backbone during sleep. If your spine or neck weren’t in a neutral position, you would wake up during the night.
Let’s learn how to use pillows like Tempurpedic pillow for the sake of our well-being.
What is Tempur Pedic?
Tempur Pedic is a well-known mattress manufacturer.
In 1992, the company introduced its first TEMPUR® material mattress.
TEMPUR® material is considered unique for its ability to adapt to your body weight and size.
It also has contouring skills and even responds to your body temperature. The brand also creates a whole line of sleeping products.
Can the Tempurpedic pillow improve the quality of your sleep?
The idea of having a pillow that adapts to any shape is inspiring. Experience shows that these pillows significantly improve bed sleep.
Yet, memory foam and its cover are made of delicate materials that can quickly deteriorate.
We should give a great deal of attention to using and cleaning it.
Pros and cons of Tempur Pedic pillow
Before we learn how to clean the surface of these pillows, let’s have a glance at their pros and cons.
On the bright side:
- dust mites and allergen resistant,
- 5-year warranty,
- Tempurpedic material returns to its original shape after each use (so-called memory foam),
- Tempur pedic pillow like covers are removable and easy to wash in case of any unwanted spill,
- durable, built to last,
- reduces stress to the neck, shoulder, back, and head,
- its ergonomic shape provides alignment and support;
But there are also several cons:
- it has a slight chemical unpleasant odor; this issue is common for most memory foam pillows and covers,
- it can be confusing to choose from the different heights and profiles; check the chart before purchasing.
Tempurpedic pillows washing
Make sure your Tempurpedic pillow stays clean in your bed. Take the necessary steps to clean any spill from your Tempurpedic pillow to:
- prolong its lifespan,
- keep it fresh,
- assure your sleep has the best possible quality;
The Tempurpedic pillow is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to bacteria. Yet, your beloved memory foam pillow can still trap dead skin cells and sweat.
Memory foam washing―Precautions
First off, let’s make one thing clear.
You should never wash a Tempurpedic pillow in a washing machine!
Important: If cleaning in the washing machine, the Tempurpedic material will lose its shape, and you will damage the memory foam. Avoid using it if you want your Tempurpedic pillow like memory foam to live a long happy life.
This kind of Tempurpedic pillow is like a sponge. If you expose it to the cleaning process and wash the Tempur pillow in the machine to clear away dirt and odors, it will become waterlogged and damaged.
Avoid using machine washing for your pillows Tempur pedic like the plague.
This issue doesn’t concern the pillow cover of Tempur pedic as it can be washed automatically. Yet, treat pillows and pillow covers with equal special care.
Tip: Your pillow should be left to air after any kind of cleaning before you use it again. It will prevent mold and mildew growth.
How to wash Tempur?
To clean every soft spill, both from the pillow and its cover, use a wet towel.
A Tempurpedic pillow has amazing conforming and pressure-relieving qualities. Keep your pillow clean and make it always smell fresh. Wash it at least every 2 to 3 months and avoid using strong chemicals.
In the paragraphs below, we’ve researched ways to:
- deodorize (remove odor),
- spot clean, and
- deep clean
your pillows and covers, at the same time keeping their quality intact.
Deodorize Tempur pedic pillows
To get rid of the unpleasant odor smell, spray baking soda onto the pillow surface. Then, vacuum the Tempur pedic removing unpleasant odors for good. After spray, don’t forget air drying on the fresh air.
The “baking soda” process consists of a few simple steps:
1. Take away the protective pillow cover.
2. Sprinkle baking soda on one side of pillows.
3. Let it sit 1-2 hours; exposure to sunlight and making it dry au natural can do wonders.
4. Use the upholstery attachment to vacuum the surface of the pillow and remove the baking soda.
5. Flip the pillow over and repeat: spray the baking soda, vacuum, and let it dry.
Tempur pedic spot cleaning
For starters, to work on the foam, take away Tempur pedic covers. You can wash them in the washing machine with mild detergent and soft settings (we write about it later).
The primary method of cleaning the Tempur pedic pillow is with a moisture towel or cloth with liquid or putting the pillow in lukewarm water. Let’s have a look at both.
Use a dry, clean cloth or paper towel to blot the stains (from a pillow or its cover) that are still fresh. Avoid dark-colored cloths to prevent any color from bleeding onto the pillow.
Use lifting motions for free cleaning stains. Avoid rubbing — it won’t remove them! Also, you could end up spreading unwanted stains across the pillow.
Then, remove any excess moisture from the pillow and check if your fresh stains are washed.
If removing stains isn’t so easy with the cloth or towel, they are older and need to be cleaned differently.
Combine a gentle detergent and luke warm water to create a stains remover solution.
Important: Go for warm and avoid using hot water for cleaning — it will set stains, making removing stains harder.
1. Dip a clean, white cloth into the solution and wring it out.
2. Starting from the outer part of the spot of dirt, gently rub around in a circular motion towards the center of the stain, then in the opposite direction and back.
3. Repeat until the stains are removed.
4. Take a new clean cloth, dip into clean, lukewarm water and wring out to remove excess water.
5. Dab the previously stained area to remove any soap residue.
6. Let your Tempur pedic pillow air dry completely.
Tempur pedic deep cleaning
1. To treat tough stains, fill a bathtub or large sink with cold water.
2. Mix the water with a small amount of mild detergent.
3. Submerge the pillow and squeeze the foam of your Tempur pedic gently.
4. The soapy cold water will penetrate the pillows material.
5. It will help to remove stains gently and won’t damage the memory foam.
Important: Avoid wringing your memory foam pillow. It can be worse than treating it with a washing machine.
Once the stain is removed, drain the bathtub or sink. Refill it with cold, clean water. Submerge, gently press the pillow and watch until the water runs clear. Press pillows outside of the running water until most of the water is removed from the material.
Place the pillow on a dry towel, roll the pillow, squeezing gently, and continue removing excess of the liquid.
Remove the pillow from the wet towel and lay it on top of a clean, dry towel.
Allow the pillow to air dry before using (even up to 24 hours).
Cleaning pillows using vinegar
Helpful when it comes to removing spots, odors and even kill bacteria from your Tempurpedic pillows.
1. Fill a small bowl with equal parts of white distilled vinegar and water; mix it to create a cleaning solution.
2. Pour this vinegar solution into a spray bottle.
3. Spray the solution directly on your Tempurpedic pillow and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
4. Take a clean, dry, white towel and use it to blot away the vinegar-water solution from your pillow till the pillow feels completely dry.
Cleaning the pillowcase of Tempurpedic pillow
When it comes to the pillowcases of Tempur pedic, they can be quickly taken down from the pillow and washed with machine washing.
- Set a cold setting and use a mild detergent.
- When washing the pillow cover, avoid using harsh stain removers or chlorine products.
- Set the dryer on a cool setting or dry it on a clothesline.
How to remove pet urine from pillows?
If the stain is still fresh because you caught it soon after it happened, you’re lucky.
The fresher the stain, the easier your cleanup. Act before the urine spills all over and has a chance to soak in!
Remove all of the bedding and covers and get that into the washing machine.
Use a rag or paper towel to blot out as much of the excess moisture as you can.
Again, don’t rub it. Rubbing will set the urine even deeper into the mattress.
Leave a Comment